403 - Spatial Cognition
505 - Spatial Cognition
- I am interested in two strongly interrelated questions: how people represent spatial relations among objects in the environment; how people access spatial representations during navigation. Virtual Environments are the major facility for my research.
- Zhang, H., Mou, W., & McNamara, T. P. (2011). Spatial updating according to the intrinsic reference direction of a briefly viewed layout. Cognition, 119, 419-429.
- Mou, W., Zhang, H., & McNamara, T. P. (2009). Novel-view scene recognition relies on identifying spatial reference directions. Cognition, 111, 175-186.
- Mou, W., Liu, X., & McNamara, T. P. (2009). Layout geometry in encoding and retrieval of spatial memory. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance, 35, 83-93.
- Mou, W., Xiao, C., & McNamara, T. P. (2008). Reference directions and reference objects in spatial memory of a briefly-viewed layout. Cognition, 108, 136-154.
- Mou, W., Li, X., & McNamara, T. P. (2008). Body and environment stabilized processing spatial knowledge during locomotion. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory, and Cognition, 34, 415-421.